Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's a PLANE....






We were back at the Naval Air Station in Sigonella this week to celebrate our friend Lucille's birthday. We ate at Applebees and we were all happy.




I wonder if Applebees in the USA have Sicilian Sirloin on the menu? Andy had the ribs, Lucille the chicken basket and I had a bacon cheeseburger. There is nothing like an American burger! To top it all off, the birthday girl shared her *FREE* dessert with me. She ordered a triple chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. Delicious hot chocolate covered both the plate and the cake.

We all had a great American style day. It was a party!




Outside in the parking lot there was a great view of Mt Etna. The weather was perfect and even the drive was fun. We shall be missing this couple. They are heading back to New York next week.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I just can't get over that there is an Applebee's in Sicily. Amazing.