Thursday, August 9, 2007

America's Finest


Wednesday, I had a chance to accompany two friends to the Naval Air Station here in Sigonella. It was fun to be around Americans. I took this photo of two Navy fellas at the check in gate. One said he was from Georgia and the other is from Alabama. They have a huge fan somehow hooked up to water keeping them cool. I didn't take many pictures on the base as I did not know if it was against regulations. I may have another opportunity this month to visit there so I will ask about pictures. My friend is retired military. I am really posting this for Carol..who is an expat like me! And for my Italian Blogger friends...I ate at Kentucky Fried Chicken! If I get to go another time it will be at Applebees.

3 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Goodness I don't even really like KFC and I'm jealous. I've never eaten at an Applebee's, so I won't be jealous when you eat there. At least I don't think so.

Thanks for entering my contest btw :)

Jacque LeBlanc said...

Aloha,

Thanks to your blog, the Americans of Nicolosi found the Bellpasso sanctuary -- so close to our homes but we never realized it!

Noticed you linked to my blog - alohafromsicily.blogspot.com and would love to learn more about you.

Jacque LeBlanc
jacquelyn_leblanc@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sharon:
I found your blog through Technorati. I come from Pace del Mela, but I left Sicily 7 years ago: I did the opposite (but more usual) trip than you. I know Santa Lucia well. My blog is www.sicilyguide.com/blog. Take a look and let me know if you like it. I will keep reading your posts.