Friday, April 6, 2007

Little BIG things!!



Easter isn't (nor are most holidays) a big gushy time for me. I don't know why, but I don't get excited and I don't decorate nor do I get mushy and nostalgia for the day. For some reason this year I decided to send along something to my family in the USA and to give a small treat to my friend's kids. She is from South America and without relatives here and I try to fill in for her mother. ( I hope someone is doing the same for my kids in the USA.)



This morning, I went to my friend's house to give a small gift to her two young kids. Before I could pull them out of the bag the son extended his hand with a piece of bubble gum for me. Now this is a first. Kids usually grab and then play and the mothers give them a nudge ...*what do you say* thing. I have learned that the joy is in the giving. But the getting today was something very special.

No comments: