Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Picasso

This is a painting done in oil by my son in Media School art class. He was about 12 years old at the time. The scene is of local fishermen repairing their fishing net on the local beach. Since we live on the sea many of the local men have boats and fish for their livelihood.

The first time I saw this painting was during an end of the year theater performance at the Media School. Each class was putting on a play and some art work had been put onto slides for between scenes viewing. I think the kid is talented and the colors and art work deserved the round of applause it got. I am his mother and it is my job to think my kid is especially talented. He doesn't need me though as he is talented on his own.

When the show concluded and we were ready to go home I asked my son where this picture was. It was the final day of school and I did not want it to get lost. He showed me where they had put it on the wall and that he was not allowed to bring it home. Ok! But that did not mean that I wasn't allowed. I removed it from the wall and brought it to a framer who framed it as it looks today. It hangs in my kitchen and we enjoy it every day.

No comments: