Sunday, November 4, 2007

Veteran's Day Italia



Not many of these fellas left but they got together in front of the city hall for a march to church and festivities following the service. This wasn't my war. In fact my father was fighting with the Allies on the other side. It is however a day to remember those who died in service to his/her country.


One woman marched with the group. She wore a medal that noted her husband's valor. Another patch signifies the regiment.















The mayor walked with the retirees. You can spot him wearing his official sash.






The local band kept the mood and the step lively. But as usual...........NO LINES!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strike up the band for Mussolini??

Sharon said...

My my my...your humor is showing!

Anonymous said...

"as usual, no lines"...haha

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I echo your sentiments. A lot of those who fought had no choice.